A marriage license can be issued at the Jessamine County Clerk’s Office. In order to receive a marriage license the following requirements must be met:
- Both parties must both be present.
- Both must be 18 years old or older. If either party is under the age of 18, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (859) 885-4161 for further information.
- There is a $35.50 fee for the license. We accept cash, in-county checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover , and American Express.
- Identification is required. Acceptable forms of ID in accordance with the statute and KCCA’s recorder’s manual include: Drivers License, current government issued photo ID or passport.
Other important information:
- There is no waiting period, blood test, or physical requirements.
- The marriage license is valid for 30 days, including the date issued.
- The marriage license is valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- You do not need to bring a birth certificate unless you are under 18.
- You do not need to bring your social security card.
- You do not need to bring a copy of divorce records.
For a marriage license copy request, the following fees are required:
- Photocopy-$0.50 per page
- Certified copy-$5.00
*If requesting a copy by mail, include an extra $1.00 for postage and handling. Please click on the link below for the form.
Copy Request Form
Method of payment: Our office accepts cash, in-county personal check with all information pre-printed,cashier’s check, certified check, business check or money order. Counter checks are not accepted. Make checks payable to Jessamine County Clerk. We also accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, & Discover. There is a $2.20 credit card convenience charge when using a credit card as form of payment.